Restoran Mahbub was started in the late 1970s by the current owner’s father. Seeni Abdul Kadhar, the current owner, took over in 1988 and reinvented the business.
From one shoplot, it is now two. From merely selling mixed curry Indian Muslim rice, it now has a much wider range of food on the menu. The nasi lemak (coconut fragrant rice) is a must-try.
- Briyani ayam madu (briyani rice with chicken cooked in honey)
- Briyani buhara kambing (briyani rice lamb curry)
- Nasi dhalcha ayam (rice with dhal chicken curry)
From 5pm to 10pm
- Tandoori ayam (chicken tandoori)
- Kashmir naan bread
- Nasi lemak with among others sambal udang (prawn sambal), sambal kerang (cockles sambal) and ayam majura (a type of chicken curry)
Address: 17, Lorong Ara Kiri Satu, Lucky Garden, 59100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-2095 5382
Business hours: 7am to 1am
Close: Open every day
Type of food: Indian Muslim
Budget: $$ (RM10-20 per person)
Noise level: 3 (moderate)